On Host Integration - Kafka

Good morning,

We’re trying to install the New Relic Kafka integration using the package located here - https://github.com/newrelic/nri-kafka. We’ve followed the instructions detailed in the readme but it seems like we’re only seeing KafkaTopicSample event metrics when we’d at least expect to see KafkaBrokerSample too.
We’ve installed the agent and integration on our Zookeeper and Broker ec2 instances. When I enable verbose logging, I see the following error in our logs:

“Unable to create entity for broker ID 1001: entity name and type are required when defining one\n[ERR] Unable to create entity for broker ID 1002: entity name and type are required when defining one\n[ERR]”

Can someone shed some light on any additional configuration that we might need to enable on our Brokers to allow the New Relic agent to pick up the Broker metrics?

In our integrations.d/kafka-config.yaml, the Zookeeper instances have the zookeeper_host set to local host, whereas the Broker instances have the zookeeper_host set to the routable endpoint of the Zookeeper instances. This address is resolving successfully on the instances.

We’re using version 1.0.872 of the New Relic agent, and versions v1.0.0 of the nri-kafka integration.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Aidan

Hi @aidan1, I see you have a support ticket in about this, it would be great if you could post your solution back in here as well so other users know what the fix is :slight_smile: