Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Query for all Unique Measures

I have been tasked with gathering a list of all ‘data’ or measures we are collecting and sending on. Is there a way to write a query that would output the unique measure names?

Hi, @tim.davis: You may use the keyset() function to get a list of attributes for a given event type:

SELECT keyset() FROM Transaction SINCE 1 day ago

You can use the Data Explorer to get a list of event types, then execute the above query for each event type to get a list of the attributes being sent to New Relic.

I haven’t had success with other methods, but, our IP team was able to get me the APM parameters. So, I am left with Infrastructure parameters from the NR code we use. Is there a document with those parameters?

The default Infrastructure events and attributes are documented here: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/infrastructure/manage-your-data/data-instrumentation/default-infrastructure-events.

You may, however, define custom attributes in the Infrastructure agent’s config file, and you may install Infrastructure integrations. The only way to get a complete list of attributes is to use the keyset() query I showed above.

Fortunately, for now, we are using Infra out of the box. That may change, but, it affords some simplicity. I am still trying to figure out that query, as it did not work before when I tried it.

Can you be more specific? How did it “not work”? Did you get an error message? If so, what did it say?