New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Question on upgrading NewRelic PHP Agent

Hello to all.
I have a fully working installation of NewRelic PHP agent (ver. 8.2.0.221).
I’d like to upgrade the version to the lastest (ver. 8.5.0.235) and i read the https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/agents/php-agent/installation/upgrade-php-agent
doc but when i try to upgrade by using:

sudo yum update newrelic-php5

i recieve the following message:

No packages marked for update

so, i tried to upgrade “manually” by downloading the *.rpm files and using rpm -i newrelic-php5-common-X.X.X.X-1.noarch.rpm newrelic-daemon-X.X.X.X-1.x86_64.rpm newrelic-php5-X.X.X.X-1.x86_64.rpm

but i recieve this error message:

file /usr/lib/newrelic-php5/scripts/newrelic-iutil.x64 from install of newrelic-php5-8.5.0.235-1.x86_64 conflicts with file from package newrelic-php5-8.2.0.221-1.x86_64

which is clear to me but i don’t know if i need to uninstall the agent and than re-install it.

Did i forgot something on the upgrade’ procedure?

many thanks to help.

Is there a lock on the yum package to prevent it from updating?

yum versionlock list

Hi beastman, thanks for you reply.
No, there isn’t any lock.
Anyway, I have a conflict error if i try to update using the *.rpm package (and not using yum).

Thanks.

Hey @NinjaZoppo,

You should be able to upgrade the agent to the latest version with the .rpm files you downloaded by using --replacefiles flag for rpm. Your command should look as follows:

rpm -i --replacefiles newrelic-php5-common-8.5.0.235-1.noarch.rpm newrelic-daemon-8.5.0.235-1.x86_64.rpm newrelic-php5-8.5.0.235-1.x86_64.rpm 

Let us know how it went!

Hi @[rplucinski]
Yes, it works!!!

Many many thanks for your help.