We are excited to update you about our recent improvements and feature additions to the .NET Agent for .NET Framework 3.5-4.6.2 on Windows. While we have been developing support for .NET Core 2.0, we have continued to invest in our .NET Framework Agent to support our key accounts and enterprise customers. We’ve delivered many new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes.
Major improvements to the .NET Agent since v6.0 last year include:
- Better auto-instrumentation of async patterns
- Improved support for Data Loss Prevention solutions using GZIP
- Improved datastore support for IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle, DB2, and Redis
- Added instrumentation for RabbitMQ, and couchbase
- Added Error analytics integration
You can stay up to date and get the full details by reading our latest release notes.
For our latest 6.15 release we’ve prioritized and expanded support for async-await in frameworks and libraries that are important to many of our customers.
- Instrumentation for HttpListener in OWIN middleware framework OWIN v2.x and 3.x
- OWIN hosted Web API apps on .NET framework using Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener
- Self-hosted console apps with Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.WebApp.
- Async-await instrumentation support
- Performance improvements to the profiler and agent overall
We encourage all customers to test and use the latest release when ready.