Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Relic Solution: Common .NET Agent Profiler Log Issues

This post is a work in progress. I will be adding more common issues over the next few days (as I get them written).

This post is part of a series of posts designed to guide you through troubleshooting common issues in the ,NET agent. For more context, please see <Troubleshooting with .NET Agent Log Files>. If you were linked here directly, you should also take a look at the post I just linked to in order to make sure you’re looking at the log files that represent the application you are trying to monitor.

This is a list of common issues which manifest themselves in the .NET agent profiler logs and suggestions for how to resolve them.

Issues:

• Profiler log contains the error message .NET Framework 4.5 is required - See <this link> for details.

• Profiler log contains the error message Exception thrown while attempting to parse main newrelic.config file. or Exception thrown while attempting to parse configuration file - See <this link> for details.

• Profiler log contains the message This process (Path\to\your\process.exe) is not configured to be instrumented. - See <this link> for details.

• Profiler log contains the message This application pool (<APP_POOL_ID>) is not explicitly configured to be instrumented or not but application pools are set to be disabled by default - See <this link> for details.

If you see a different profiler log issue which is not included on this list, please let us know so we can consider adding it.

Relic Solution: Troubleshooting With .NET Agent Log Files