Relic Solution: Password Reset Troubleshooting

Hi New Relic Explorers! My name is Nicole and I work on the Business Support Engineering team. Our team specializes in providing support for issues regarding Account Access and Security - this includes troubleshooting password reset issues.

Please note that this article is only relevant for accounts without Single Sign-On (SSO) enabled. If you’re running into issues logging into an SSO account, check out this article for troubleshooting: “Single Sign-On authentication succeeded but no matching user exists for this account. Please contact your administrator.”

If you’re like me and you can never seem to remember your account password, you may need to use the Forgot my password link. While this may sound simple, there are a few common issues users run into.

In this article, I’ll go over the most common issues we see and what you can do if you encounter them.

Note: If you’re accessing an account you’ve been added to, you’ll want to make sure that you’ve been added to the account in question with the correct email address.

What happens if you use the password reset link and you don’t receive an email after 10 minutes?

What happens if you encounter the error “Something went wrong; please try again”?

• This indicates that the password reset link is expired, so if you see this message, try resending a password reset. To prevent browser issues, open the link in an Incognito window or clear your browser cache.

What happens if you’re directed to the login page when you click on the reset link?

• This indicates a browser issue, so if that happens, try opening the password reset link using an Incognito window or try clearing your browser cache before using the link.

If you’re still encountering issues with resetting your password, reach out to us here in the Explorers Hub or submit a support ticket!

Resources:

2 Likes