This post is part of a series of posts designed to guide you through troubleshooting common issues in the .NET agent. For more context, please see <Troubleshooting with .NET agent log files>. If you were linked here directly, you should also take a look at the post I just linked to in order to make sure you’re looking at the log files that represent the application you are trying to monitor.
- The .NET agent profiler log for your application’s process says
.NET Framework 4.5 is required.
What it means.
- The application you’re trying to monitor was built on .NET Framework version 4.0 or lower.
- The version of the New Relic .NET agent you have installed only supports applications built on .NET Framework 4.5 or higher.
- Note: This message has nothing to do with the version(s) of .NET Framework that are installed on the server. It is in reference to the .NET Framework that the monitored application is built on.
- Uninstall the current agent and install the <latest 6.x version> of the agent.
Why it works
- The New Relic .NET agent dropped support for .NET Framework 4.0 and lower in version 7.0. If your application is built on one of these framework versions, the newest 6.x version of the agent is the most current version that can monitor your application.