This post is part of a series of posts designed to guide you through troubleshooting common issues in the .NET agent. For more context, please see the <.NET agent not reporting troubleshooting guide>.
- The .NET agent profiler log for your application’s process says
This process (Path\To\Your\EXE) is not configured to be instrumented..
What it means.
- The .NET agent has not been configured to target your application for monitoring.
- The .NET agent does not target this type of application by default.
- This most often occurs when trying to monitor non-IIS “service” applications.
Configure the agent to target your application. This can be done in one of the following ways.
- Edit the global
C:\ProgramData\New Relic\.NET Agent\newrelic.config) and add the following as a child of the
<instrumentation> <applications> <application name="YourExecutibleName.exe" /> </applications> </instrumentation>
- Edit your application’s app-config file (
YourExecutibleName.exe.config) to include the following:
<configuration> <appSettings> <add key="NewRelic.AgentEnabled" value="true" /> </appSettings> </configuration>