Restoring Alert Condition

Hello Everyone,

One of our private location was deleted because of a human error. This led to all the synthetic monitor alert conditions being updated and monitors are removed from the alert condition.
Has anyone faced a similar issue? What are the steps to fix that?
We can find the alert conditions updated but do not have data about the monitor associated with those alert conditions.

Regards
Shubham Nyaik

Hi @Shubham_Nyaik Can you clarify something with this? Does the monitor and the and private location now exist and you want to know how to reaccoacite it with the condition.

OR

Are you trying to get the monitor or the location back?

@sduvall
Based on the response from newrelic support, a deleted private location cannot be restored.
When the private location was deleted, the alert condition removed the monitor which was using the private location (which was deleted).
Is there anyway by which the impacted alert conditions can be restored.

Hi @Shubham_Nyaik

Thanks for reaching back out.

When an Alert / Condition is deleted it unfortunately won’t be able to be restored, see Manage your policies | New Relic Documentation for reference.

On a side note, I am assuming you may have also meant that you deleted the CPM from from NR UI, if you just removed the container from the host, you can simply install it with the same run command to get it back but it may not have the previous data due its deletion.

I hope this was helpful, please feel free to reach out should you have further questions.

@dcody
The private location created was deleted from UI, the containers were intact.
Thanks for your inputs.
I guess if this issue is not documented can this at least be added to newrelic documentation.
Issue: If we delete private location, the synthetic monitors using that location would not be removed from the synthetic alert condition automatically.

Hey there @Shubham_Nyaik,

Thank you for the response and my apologies for the delayed response.

I am looping back in our alert team just to provide further insight into this. Just to make sure I understand correctly, you are wanting to delete a private location, but keep the monitors using that location intact? I am not sure this is possible but it is a bit out of my scope.

Our engineers will respond here once we have an answer for you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with. Have a great day!

@Shubham_Nyaik - I believe if you use an inclusive filter in your alert condition the private location would not be removed from the condition. However, this means whenever you added a new private location you would need to update the alert condition by adding the new private location to the filter. If you need the alert config we can likely get this for you. I have created a ticket and someone will be in touch soon to assist you with this.

Yes kind of correct.
The location was deleted and monitor was de-associated from the alert condition.
The location was deleted by mistake.

Hi @Shubham_Nyaik

I can see @dkoyano has mentioned they created a ticket for you. Its best await for the tickets update rather then via this post!