Unable to set Alert on New Relic platform

###Alerts Question Template

• Please describe what are you seeing:
    My New Relic account is connected to Heroku. Now on New Relic when going on the Alerts tab I do not see the option to add/edit the alerts.

• How does this differ from what were you expecting to see?
    My New Relic account is connected to Heroku. Now on New Relic when going on the Alerts tab I do not see the option to add/edit the alerts.

• If you aren’t seeing expected alert or data, please provide a link to the incident or violation (policy, condition, data app etc.)

Helpful Resources
Relic Solution: The key to consistent alert notifications

Troubleshooting downtime document

Hey @parinshah30 - this is a common occurrence with Heroku accounts, which are created with a @herokumanager.com email address as the account owner. This is important in facilitating the SSO link between Heroku & New Relic. Unfortunately this does mean that every user is then added to the account as a User, rather than Admin/Owner, meaning they have no ability to create alert policies/conditions.

We can certainly get this resolved for you though, we’ll need to reach out to Heroku via Support Ticket, and so I’ll get that created for you now. Watch out in your inbox where one of my colleagues will be able to help you out shortly.

1 Like