New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Where are the metrics for On-host integration for SNMP

on-host-integrations

I have setup some simple scalars with on-host integration with SNMP, but when I try to retrieve the metrics, they are no where to be found. Am I just overlooking something?

"event": { "device": "host.example.com", "displayName": "address:host.example.com:161", "entityGuid": "MTM0ODQzMXxJTkZSQXxOQXwyMDI4MTc1MTE0NzExNzIyNDk1", "entityId": "2028175114711722495", "entityKey": "address:host.example.com:161", "entityName": "address:host.example.com:161", "event_type": "NetworkSNMP", "externalKey": "address:host.example.com:161", "name": "uptime", "timestamp": 1572640848000 }

Even using data explorer just shows this same data.

My snmp-metrics.yml file looks like this:

`collect:

• device: host.example.com
    metric_sets:

• name: uptime
      type: scalar
      event_type: NetworkSNMP
      metrics:
      • metric_name: sysUpTimeInstance
        oid: .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0
        metric_type: attribute

inventory:

• oid: .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0
      category: sysName
      name: sysName`

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Looking at your configuration I can see you are using NetworkSample as the event_type. As per th documentation (https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/integrations/host-integrations/host-integrations-list/snmp-monitoring-integration) this should be SNMPSample. Can you try this and test?

You should then be able to see metrics by running SELECT * FROM SNMPSample in insights

Regards,
Alan

Thanks for the suggestion. I found out that scalars, they should be integers. When I switched over to that, the data was populated. “sysUpTimeInstance” is a timestamp and was not recognized by the snmp module.

Thanks for letting us know you got this figured out :smiley: