Why is this incident still open?

This incident:
https://onenr.io/0OQMODMvNRG

which is the result of this alert condition/policy:
https://onenr.io/0Bj3B1EWZRX

should have been closed hours ago, since the NRQL query result value has long gone below the threshold.

This usually works as expected but for some reason this particular instance has remained open. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Please move this to a support ticket, which is what this should be.

Hi @Teo-WV

Thanks for reaching out, In hope you are well.

Nice to see you posting in the community again.

I note my colleague has reached out to the support engineering team to have look into this for you. Please note they will reach out via this post with any updates.

Can you confirm if the issue is still persisting.

It seems the incident (along with other similar ones) has been closed now.

I now notice there was a warning about maintenance and consequent possible service disruption for a timeframe that actually includes the time when the incidents were opened, so maybe that’s why they failed to automatically close when expected.

Hi @Teo-WV

That is the likely culprit of the issue, thank you for sharing.

If this should occur again please do reach out.

This seems to be happening again.

I have a few incidents that got opened last night and should have been closed shortly after but are currently still open for no reason:

https://onenr.io/0qQa3MP20R1

Hi @Teo-WV

Thanks for reaching back out, I hope you are well.

It does look like you are referring to this condition being violated, please see screenshot for reference.

I do note that there appears to signal loss config set up, however beyond this I will need to loop an alerts support engineer. Please note they will reach out via this post with their findings.

Once more, please never publish screenshots that contain information that normally only you (meaning NR admins) and I would be able to see, which you don’t know whether or not I’m willing to share with the public.

Remember that it was not my choice to start this conversation in a public forum, I am forced to do so because of NewRelic’s ridiculous approach to customer support (which I can’t believe you still haven’t changed despite all the negative feedback), where being a paying customer is not enough to be able to create a support ticket.

On top of the inconvenience, now I also have to worry about the possibility of admins leaking screenshots in their replies 🤦

Hello @Teo-WV -

I work with our moderator team here and we’ve been reviewing this and your other threads. I want to apologize for sharing a screenshot of your account after you had already asked us not to do that. We manage a lot of customer conversations and simply did not remember that you had asked us specifically not to do this.

I do want to reassure you that the team goes through regular security trainings and we strive to respect customer account privacy and redact anything that could be considered PII. That said, I can absolutely understand your discomfort here. While we find sharing screenshots the fastest way to align with customers about what’s happening with an account, we will be discussing this as a team to find alternative strategies for the future.

If you want to chat any further about this, I am happy to connect with you via phone, email or video conference, and really appreciate your candor.

We manage a lot of customer conversations and simply did not remember that you had asked us specifically not to do this.

That’s perfectly understandable, but this should work the other way around. Not publishing screenshots of anything non-public should be the default.

we find sharing screenshots the fastest way to align with customers about what’s happening with an account

So do I! Which is why I find it ridiculous that, in order to get customer support, one has to post to a public forum.

I do hear what you’re saying @Teo-WV re: screenshots. We haven’t had this feedback before, but you do raise a good point and we will be revisiting our processes as a team because of it.